I love listening to the song Hosanna by Hillsong United. I love the word/praise/cry. I love “Hosanna”. Here are a million (or less) reasons why.
1. The meaning of Hosanna. It has meant both “God save us” and “Salvation is here” (respectively, you know me and my non-existent Greek/Hebrew translation skills). It’s such an appropriate cry for this generation, for this time.
2. It feels beautiful coming from my lips in praise to God. It is simply a way for me to thank Him just for being who He is…our Salvation.
3. It is the daily cry of my heart. God save me! Your salvation is with me!
4. It gives me hope. Like in the song, I can see a generation rising up to have a “selfless faith”.
5. One of the lyrics of the song says “Heal my heart and make it clean”…that’s what Hosanna is all about. This is one of my favorite lyrics and another daily prayer. Hosanna in the highest!
Hosanna by Hillsong United
I see the King of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes
I see His love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing, the people sing
Hosanna in the highest (x2)
I see a generation
Rising up to take the place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We’re on our knees, we’re on our knees
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom’s cause
As I walk from earth into eternity